Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Studio Update

So, after reading about all of the organizing and room re-do's lately, I decided to remix my own little scrap studio.

I started with updating the paint color to something a little darker with a lot more energy to it. I chose Calypso because it best went with the red accents I knew I wanted in the room.

Next, I picked up some throw pillows, repurposed some old curtains, and added a red sheet to the bottom of the sofa for another punch of color. (Plus, it makes for easy washing after the puppies spend some time on it.)

Once the paint was dried, I started to put the room back together using the things that I already had on hand. I then added a few red accessories, such as, the bowls and cups to hold some of my supplies. In total, it took three days to complete and under $100.00 for the paint, pillows, and little bowls. In the end, I achieved the fun, energetic little scrap studio that I was going for.

Now, if I could just find someone to clean my house and take care of the sick one while I lose myself in there and create something.

1 comment:

mborrero said...

Way gorgeous room....

I added you to my site thank you
namaste
Melina