Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays April DT Challenge

Today's layout was done using the sketch from here. It started like this, last week I was painting something green and I laid the paint on a kit protector, so that I could roll the paint on my project. When I was done, I pressed the clear protector onto a sheet of card stock and let it dry. I had know idea what I would use it for.

Until this challenge. For this call, you had to use the colors pink/green or red/turquoise, hearts, and a list of something/one you love. These pictures were up on my desk so when I saw the pink bandanna, well, it fit.


I cut the heart out of canvas, inked it, then stamped my design. I lined the edges with Stickles and pop dotted it to the page. I also added Stickles to the other two hearts on the layout. The title is just Thickers and the journaling was printed on the computer and cut into strips. I inked the edges and viola'- DONE!

Thanks for looking-

10 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great layout. love the stickles on the edges!

Jingle said...

Cute page!

Becky said...

What a cool effect! Love that shade of green!

Anonymous said...

Super cool layout!

ScrappnBee said...

This came out cool! Love the way the paint transferred! Thanks so much for sharing! This is awesome!

my4blessings said...

This is such a striking paint treatment! Love the pink trim as well.

Tracy said...

This is a fun layout.
Neat technique

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! GREAT photo, and loving the paint! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

This is just gorgeous, love the vibrant colors!! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!!

Unknown said...

WOW, what a great page! LOVE it! Thanks for playing with us.