Monday, June 20, 2016

my love for sequins

If you followed my blog for a bit, you can definitely see that I have a love for these little shiny things. They just make me so happy. I enjoy mixing colors and sizes and making my own custom sequin blends. I have even started to sell them in my Etsy shop.

Shaker cards are one of my favorite ways to use them, but it can be tricky to mail them when you use thicker cupped sequins. One of my tips is to use the flat ones. You still get the sparkle, but without any of the bulk. On this card, I used digital paper printed at 5x5 and die cut my shape in the middle. I also used very thin fun foam to die cut the same shaped and used it to make my shaker holder. The fun foam is a lot cheaper than the foam tape and works just as well. Since my sequins are only slightly cupped, they still move around when you shake the card. I finished with a few sprinkled onto the front of the panel along with a stamped sentiment and two enamel stars.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: